It doesn’t make a great bookkeeper, or a good business leads organizer, and it definitely doesn’t make a great time sheet.
When it comes to time sheets, Excel spreadsheets give an employee complete control and the boss zero. Consider the spreadsheet in a folder over there on your employee’s computer and you will realize that spreadsheets:
- Allow employees to enter, edit, and manipulate their hours on the privacy of their own computers.
- Do not ensure the identity of the person clocking in/out.
- Allow time entries to be rounded in the employee’s favor, generally on a per-punch basis.
- Do not allow for time sheet changes to be approved before they are committed.
- Allow chronically late employees to conceal the fact, or at least minimize it, by adding minutes in their favor.
- Do not restrict clock in/out time, leaving employees free to come in early any day of the week and claim to leave sometime after the boss has already gone home.
- Allow a user to accidentally or intentionally input data into a cell while the original entry cannot be recovered, i.e. there is no audit trail.
- Cannot be accessed remotely for running payroll.
- Do not have a mobile app for keeping track of field employee’s hours.
- Do not restrict clock punches by location or by computer.
But Timesheets.com does and can!